Evaluate to Evolve, Inform to Plan
The Institutional Studies, Planning and Quality Area (AEPQ) includes the Prospective and Statistics Unit (NEP), the Studies and Projects Unit (E&P) and is divided into three functional areas: Evaluation and Planning, Statistics and Prospective and Studies and Projects. The AEPQ manages also three different IST observatories: IST Graduate Employability Observatory (OEIST) , the Good Practices Observatory (ObserVIST) and the University Rankings Observatory are also part of the AEPQ.
Mission, Vision and Values
The Institutional Studies, Planning and Quality Area (AEPQ) of the Instituto Superior Técnico aims at assisting the central bodies of IST through the elaboration of studies to support the decision-making process, which promote quality within the School and contribute to the optimization of its management and strategic development.
Being recognized as a reference office for its technical competence in the areas of assessment, planning and prospective, is an ambition of the AEPQ, which is the driving force of the services it provides, whilst trying to motivate its collaborators.
Values and Attitudes
The actions underlying the activity of AEPQ are:
- quality, rigour and innovation – as they portray the technical features of clarity and anticipation which are intended for our work;
- efficiency and effectiveness – for the maintenance of high quality patterns of the services provided, through shorter response times and less resources used;
- credibility– as AEPQ carries out assessment tasks, it is fundamental to build consensus with regard to its reliability, independence and integrity.
These values are reflected both in its internal culture and behaviors and in the public image of the AEPQ, by instilling in its collaborators a set of attitudes:
- to have team spirit – to share information with transparency so that no one is irreplaceable;
- to be proactive- to provide solutions rather than posing problems;
- to have initiative – to take risks/make decisions rather than taking no action;
- to be flexible – to accept new tasks and face them as a challenge to creativity and team dynamics;
- to have a good interpersonal relationship – to be able to communicate one’s ideas and respect those of others.